If your pet requires surgery, you’ll be comforted to know that at Angel Ridge Veterinary Service we offer advanced surgical techniques and technology to ensure your pet gets the best outcome possible.
Surgical Services and Facilities
Our surgical services and facilities include the following:
- Fully trained veterinary and technical staff, to ensure the safest, most efficient, state-of-the-art procedures for your pet
- Heated surgery tables for greater pet comfort
- Advanced sterilization techniques
- Continuous ECG, blood oxygen saturation, heart rate, respiratory rate, body temperature and blood pressure monitoring
- Intensive care and recovery after surgery
- Full-blood testing
Be assured that if we deem a surgery too complex for our hospital, we will refer you to an appropriate specialist.
What You Can Expect
- Do not give your pet any food or water after 12 AM the night before surgery
- Arrive at the hospital between 8-9 am the morning of surgery.
- Consent forms must be signed.
- If your pet’s surgery requires anesthesia, we may do pre-surgical blood work for safety.
- Contact information for a responsible person available throughout the day must be provided.
- Discussion of any risks, possible complications, and recovery of your pet. Feel free to ask questions.
Feel free to call during the day to check on your pet’s status. Our office will call you with your pet’s status by 2:30 pm the day of surgery.
- Follow the doctor’s instructions.
- Monitor your pet’s incision for swelling and redness.
- Monitor your pet’s appetite.
- Maintain bandages and give medications as instructed.
- Return for follow-up as directed.